FOLLOW UP: UNAT sends back to UNDT Bertucci's case.
UNAT saves Ban Ki Moon's ass, while slapping him for "irregular process for hiring Thomas Stelzer of Austria"
- Guido Bertucci get's a moral victory, but no compensation.
- UNAT saves Ban Ki Moon's ass with a "small technicality".
- Otherwise Ban's second term would have been in total jeopardy if UNAT would have confirmed a victory for Bertucci.
- UNAT's decision to revert back to UNDT postpones Bertucci's victory for another 6-9 months, enough to ensure a "smooth" confirmation for Ban's second term on the job.
- As one staffer from Ban's Legal office (OLA) said: "this is the best we could have hoped from UNAT at this time";